Follow the evolution of the Writer Knapsack (and even participate and help make decisions) as I create the face and materials of a new and different take on helping writers in this crazy world of publishing. Join me from the beginning and watch the website change as I work on sketches to a final logo, offer tips and tales toward final production, and develop an array of materials for those living the writing life...all to fill the pockets of your own writer knapsack.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

One of those months

It has been a crazy stressful month--one of those when life says, "Hey, things are going a little too even keel for you.  Let's see what I can do to freak you out."

The universe definitely knows how to mix things up...a lot.

Jimmy Fallon has been the best part, but at the same time, there has been a number of sleepless nights and a learning curve for all of us.  He's awesome, though, and has been the BEST walking partner, making sure I make my step goals every day.

My son and I ended up with a horrible cold that had been going around--the one that makes you a snotty nose, hacking cough mess for a couple weeks and put me behind on many work deadlines.  Thankfully, I didn't miss any, but I hate when everything comes down to the last day.

Then the car broke down....three times.  The fourth time it's get up and go got up and went and died all together in the middle of an intersection. *Sigh*  The funny part is our last car caught fire in the middle of a snowstorm in February seven years ago.  Don't know what it is about February and us and cars, but sheesh.  And I always thought going out to look for a new (used) car would be awesome--I quickly learned that first time that it is not, at all.  Not only are you restricted by funding, but when you have a six foot husband built like a linebacker, and you are only five foot three on a good day and most of that is body with short legs, trying to find a car you can both drive comfortably is an ordeal to say the least.  So, I really wasn't looking forward to repeating the experience, and once again on a tight budget and needing a car as soon as possible when you live in the country and have to plan one vehicle around three work schedules, children sports and activities, meetings, etc. Occasionally I miss the city where you could walk or take the bus anywhere....hmmmm, no, no I don't. I much prefer the small town and country life :)

Still, as stressful as it all is, if you don't laugh you cry, and I am all for laughing whenever possible.  Like today, when driving my husband's old farm truck, as I am doing for now, and the driver's side door flew open as I rounded a corner.  Man, I thought I was in an action flick!  Then I groaned thinking I had broken our only vehicle left.  Luckily, I was able to pull over safely, and he came and fixed it because the silly thing would not stay shut.

Starting to catch up from being behind a bit, so at least that is good.  Here is hoping March won't come in like a hungry winter lion, but more like a fluffy pink teddy bear.






No comments:

Post a Comment